Prevention of Gum Disease
Periodontal treatment in Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire
Nearly 1 in 3 adults suffer from a type of periodontal, or gum disease. It is now the leading cause of adult tooth loss in the UK. Initially, it is painless but causes bad breath (80% of bad breath is caused by gases given off by bacteria that cause gum disease).
If it is allowed to progress, extensive bone loss can occur under the gums resulting in infections and loose teeth.
- Bad breath or a bad taste in your mouth
- Gums that are red, puffy, swollen, or tender
- Gums that bleed during brushing or flossing
- Teeth that look longer because the gums have receded
- Changes in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
Professional cleaning above and below the gums by your dentist or hygienist is the only way to remove the plaque and tartar that has built up. If your condition is severe, we can carry out more advanced procedures here at the centre to help restore health to your gums. This includes the use of specialised materials that can rebuild the bone lost by gum disease, helping you to keep your own teeth for longer.
Periodontal Treatment Case 1
Periodontal Treatment Case 2